Professional Wine Writer Skilled In
WRITING ● SEO ● RESEARCH
Core Professional Skills
Excellent Research, Writing And Editing Skills
Extensive Experience in Education and Law
Fluent in SEO
Knowledgeable At Canva Blog Graphic Design
Significant Online Wine Publications
- Create accessible, engaging content to clients across the adult beverage industry
- Regularly pitch and develop pieces for clients
- Engage with industry experts to inject primary source quotes into articles
- Present unique angles
- Develop content for Winedom, one of the 100 most influential wine blogs of 2015.
- Contributor to Wine Turtle, wine education without the wine snobbery.
- Currently writing first book to be released Summer 2018
- Produce excellent copy for myriad industries.
- Edited memoir, The Wailing Wall.
Freelance Writer – May, 2014-Present
Seek opportunities to develop, create and edit content for clients.
Clients Include: Winedom, Wine Turtle. Best Wine Clubs, Digital Firefly Marketing, Jersey Wine & Spirits
Labor Relations Expert, Michigan Education Association – May, 2007-April, 2015
Negotiated collective bargaining agreements covering education professionals’ wages/benefits, hours, and working conditions. Processed grievances including arbitration and brief writing. Lobby and consult with legislators on pro-labor and pro-education interests. Counsel education professionals on legal matters including, but not limited to, FMLA, OMA, FOIA, Wage and Hour disputes, EEOC complaints. Represent educational professionals during disciplinary investigations, including criminal cases.
Humanities Teacher, Southwest Vermont Supervisory Union – August 2002-May, 2007
Middle School Teacher Leader. Union Leader.
Humanities Teacher, New York City Board of Education – August 1999-July, 2002
Middle School Teacher Leader. Union Leader
Siena College (Loudonville, NY) | BA in English
Hobbies & Interests
Homebrewing, hiking, farmers’ markets, cycling, tabletop gaming